New mums and mums to be, need really good meals with masses of nutrition. The first few weeks after baby is born, you are lucky if you have chance to get a cup of tea and a biscuit, so when you do get time to cook, you need a fast, simple, tasty meal that is crammed with nutrition.
This is an easy recipe for Brown Rice Tuna Nicoise Salad. It's on your plate in 30 minutes, it tastes great and you can store the leftovers for lunch the next day.
1 Sachet of Tilda Boil in the Bag Wholegrain Basmati Brown Rice
1 Tin of Tuna Chunks in Spring Water
2 Large Free Range Eggs
3 Large Vine Ripened Tomatoes
1 Small Can Sweetcorn
1/2 Red Onion
1/2 of both a Yellow and Green Pepper
1/4 of a Cucumber (Optionally - Peeled with Seeds Removed)
A bit Black Pepper and Pinch of Salt
A Light French Dressing is optional for extra yumminess.
1. Add your boil in the bag rice to a pan of boiling water, and set the timer for 15mins.
2. Wash, and then chop your tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and red onion into small chunks and pop it all into a serving dish.
3. Add the tuna and sweetcorn, mix, and add some salt and pepper to taste.
4. After 15mins, put your two eggs into the pan with the rice, and set timer for 10mins
5. When your timer beeps, drain off your rice, add it to the serving dish with your veg, and mix.
6. Peel the shells off your eggs, slice them, and add to the rice and veg.
Ready to serve!
This recipe serves two people with some left over. To feed your family this yummy meal, just double up the ingredients, and there will be plenty to go round.
Love Edie xx