I love to read more about other bloggers beauty regimes and favourite products, so after seeing a very similar post to this on a blog called You Little Beauty, I thought I would give it a go. Makes a change from all the nail polish posts I have been doing lately, and gives you a little snapshot into by own (not so wonderful) beauty habits!
A foundation brush
(usually I dampen it slightly for lighter coverage)
2. Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark, or dark to light?
I apply it like so: Lightest shade on the inside corner, then mid-tone over the lid, a darker shade in the crease and outer corner, and finish with a sweep of highlight on the brow and a tiny bit of dark/mid-tone under the eye.
3. Do you prime your eyes?
No, I have an Estee Lauder eyeshadow primer, but I don't use it! I find that my eyeshadow never creases, and stays in place well without the need for primer.
4. Do you conceal first or after foundation?
After foundation, before powder.
5. Do you to the salon for manicures or manicure yourself?
I am a nail technician, so I always manicure myself!
6. Do you exfoliate your lips, face or both?
(I use Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer)
I exfoliate my face 2- 3 times a week. And my lips if I am going to wear a strong coloured lipstick.
7. On average, how long does it take to do your make up?
10mins for basic daytime and 30mins for dramatic evening (40 mins if I use false lashes)
8. Do you wear make up everyday and everywhere?
Not since having my daughter Isabelle! I can't take my eye off her for a second, so have no time to apply a full face of make up! I do usually try to put a bit of foundation, liner and mascara on before I go out of the house.
9. What is your weakness: Shoes, Bags, Clothes, Jewellery or Make Up?
walk in heels any more!
10. Do you whiten your teeth?
No, I use whitening toothpaste. I would really love to get them professionally whitened though.
11. Do you wax your eyebrows or pluck them?
Pluck them, over pluck them, and then pluck them some more. Bad, BAD habit!
A mixture of No7 Bronzer (which is very light) and GOSH Multicolour Blush in Pink Pie
13. False lashes or natural?
14. Favourite makeup brand(s)?
Dior is my new favourite brand, thanks to their Diorskin Forever Foundation. Estee Lauder and MAC come next, and for budget beauty I adore Barry M Cosmetics and Boots 17
15. Liquid, Gel or Pencil eyeliner?
Liquid eyeliner. This is my one essential item. I have used it religiously for years and I almost don't recognise myself without it now!
16. Lipstick, Lipgloss or Chapstick?
Lipstick - usually red!
17. Pigments, pressed or cream eyeshadows?
18. Neutral or Dramatic eyeshadow?
Neutral for daytime, totally OTT dramatic for evening.
19. Do you care more for quality or name brand?
Quality. I have been disappointed by high end brands before. If I pay £38 for an eyeshadow quad - I expect it to be good.
20. What is your current addiction?
OPI nail polish and Lacura concealer pens!
I hope you enjoyed learning some random facts about me and my beauty regime! Feel free to copy and paste the questions to answer on your own blogs! Also, have a look at Claire's blog, which is where I pinched the idea from, she has some wonderful reviews on there too.
Love Edie xx